Thursday, July 18, 2013

Long time no update

So its been a while, and a lot has happened, since I posted here.

Rich and I were laughing the other night because we cannot remember what we did last summer. Yup, its been that long since I posted. Since I cannot remember what we did after our trip to Arizona last year, I'm going to skip to what I do remember FALL.

Last October my family planned to come visit for the Balloon Fiesta, since it was going to be the last one they would have the opportunity to see, with free accommodations, they planned a long weekend to come visit. I thought they were leaving early on Friday morning which would put them here in ABQ, since they were driving, late Friday night. I woke up Friday morning thinking I would have time to clean the house and go grocery shopping before they arrived. Much to my surprise my sister in law called to tell me that they were 30 mins away. WHAT? I hadn't showered, I hadn't cleaned, I hadn't done ANYTHING AT ALL to be ready for them when they arrived. I have never jumped into action so quickly. Those sneaky Gumpl's threw the kids into the car Thursday night and drove thru the night. I was excited to have an extra day with them but frantic to get the house cleaned for them.

It was so much fun having them here. We went bowling, we went to the balloon fiesta, we watched the mass ascension, got up close and personal to a balloon taking off, were able to chase a few balloons, spent a day at McCall's Pumpkin Patch and went to the zoo while the boys went and played golf. It was a great weekend and I was sad to see them leave but was glad they were able to come experience Balloon Fiesta, it is by far the coooooolest part of living here in Albuquerque!

 Bowling with the kiddos


 Mass Ascension. Aunt Chelle knows how to do this, muffins and hot chocolate to help keep us warm  

My mom with "American Pie" balloon. I chased this one down, saw it blowing up and drove around until we found it. The kids got to see it be blown up and take off. We all even got the cards that has all the information on the balloon. Was neat to see this process thru the eyes of the kids!

At the Night Glow

My Sista

The Gumpl Gang


We chased a couple balloons before church. We couldn't get closer because it landed in this field and there was a barb wire fence keeping us at bay :(


2 of the greatest Nieces and Nephews with Uncle Rich and Aunt Chelle

Big rocking chair, or Rich and I are just that short!

I love my hubby!

Not sure who had more fun here, the kids or me!

Michael and I went down this slide a couple times. It was fun, secretly I'm glad he didn't want to do it alone!

The corn maze

Sistas

Nats favorite, the polar bears

so cute

Grandma and all her lil grand babies

Caroline and Grandma

Caroline and Aunt Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment