Sunday, January 30, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICH!!!!

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear RICH. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

Today is Rich's 40th Birthday. Last night I surprised him by taking him to Vernon's, it is Albuquerque's best steakhouse. Vernon's is an underground speakeasy restaurant, you even need a secret password to get in. I had invited some of Rich's friends to join us and 'surprise' him by being there when we arrived. It took a little planning but it was a great evening with good wine, tasty food, fun and friends. Thanks Bill, Tiffany, and Tim for helping make this a memorable birthday for Rich!


Being the loving, and much younger, wife that I am I made sure that Rich had all of the "over the hill" gag-gifts I could find. He is wrapped with caution tape that says "WARNING Party in Progress, It's My 40th B-day" He has a big lolly-pop that says "40 Sucks" and a kit of "spare parts" that he can put in water and let them grow and replace as needed. There was a whole bag of goodies, including a blinking pin I made him wear and a beaded necklace that said "Behold the ageless wonder". ;) I'm sure when its my turn this will all come back to haunt me!


Shortly after we sang Happy Birthday to Rich and he blew out his candle, a lady sitting two tables over commented that we were the worst she had ever heard sing Happy Birthday. We didn't know we were trying out for American Idol while singing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment