Friday, January 28, 2011

Albu-Quirky


Albuquerque is a very unique and interesting place to live. The mountains are beautiful, I love when the sun is setting and how the sun makes them 'glow' and look rosy pink in color. It never gets old to look at and is always breathtakingly beautiful.




Most Saturday and Sunday mornings in the spring/summer you will see the sky sprinkled with hot air balloons. One Saturday morning a few weeks ago we had BEAUTIFUL weather and Rich and I were up and out early enough to be able to see this hot air balloon about to land in a field near our house. It was LITERALLY crossing over the highway. I'm not sure (if I had been riding in the balloon) how comfortable I would have been with this, but it made for a great photo opportunity! :)



Yesterday as I was leaving an assignment I was greeted by a real live road runner. S/he even 'barked' for me. Despite popular belief they do not "meep meep" like in the cartoons! ;)




S/he was so close that I could have bent down and touched him. The rational part of my brain kicked in and said that wasn't such a great idea so I just kept snapping pictures instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment