Saturday, November 17, 2012

May Madness

May was just as busy as April.  My goal was to run the Run for the Zoo 5k at the beginning of May. I had to have a procedure on my foot in April that prevented me from being able to complete the training.  Though I wasn't able to run the 5k, I was able to complete it in decent time and run part of it (the last 30 feet, that counts right!?).  A dear friend and co-worker ran it. Corina is the whole reason I even entertained the idea of running it in the first place.

 Just a short week after the Run for the Zoo, Rich and I were blessed enough to get to fly to Austin to celebrate Mitch's graduation from Baylor with his MBA. A lot of hard work, sacrifice and dedication were put into this and I couldn't be more proud of him. A truly amazing accomplishment all while working full time and holding the title of both husband and daddy!



 
First things first, Michael needed a ride on Uncle Rich's back. These two are BFFs!

 
Mitch being hooded at the hooding ceremony on the morning of graduation.

 
Family photo time.

 
That weekends celebration was heightened even more by dedicating Caroline in church that Sunday.
 
 
I've said it before, New Mexico was not one of the places on our list to move to. Rich pulled me kicking, crying and screaming the whole way. that being said, we have been very fortunate to move to this part of the country and get to travel to and see some of the cool things we have all because we live in New Mexico.
 
One of those things was the Solar Eclipse of 2012. New Mexico, Albuquerque specifically, had THE BEST seats in the house. We were able to get our, oh so fashionable, eclipse glasses and get to experience this once in a lifetime "front row" seat to this sight.
 
 
Who would think that the two pictures below were taken just a few moments apart!? The dark one was taken by placing my glasses over the camera of my iPhone. Rich said it wouldn't work, proof is in the photo :p

No comments:

Post a Comment