Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sight seeing in Seattle

Rich and I were able to stay a few extra days in Seattle and do some sight seeing. The first place we stopped was Safeco Field to see the Seattle Mariners play against Oakland A's. Stefania joined us at the game, we all had a great time (Even though it was frigid!).


After Sasha and Stefania headed for the airport Sunday morning, Rich and I hit the town. The first stop was the Seattle Space Needle. It was cloudy and chilly but it was fun all the same. Rich and I were able to read up on some of the history and making of the needle as well as see some of the land marks of Seattle from high above.






Rich and I at the top.


After the trip to the top Rich and I walked around the Worlds Fair Grounds.


The sun decided to come out and play. We wanted a picture with the fountain in the background but the sun was BLINDING!




Rich and I grabbed a quick bite to eat at a sports bar across from the Space Needle and then headed to the Aquarium.
















It was so much fun. When you walk in there is a great big tank full of fish (imagine that), around the corner there was a wave pool with all kinds of colorful starfish. I had NO IDEA what was awaiting in the next room. Not only where there starfish to see up close and personal but they let us touch them. I think we spent a good 30-40 minutes touching all the different kinds of starfish, sea cucumbers and other animals they let us poke and prod at. It was AWESOME!



There was a pretty waterfall inside the aquarium so I had to take our picture infront of it! :)
Rich played along and let me have fun and, hard as he tried to get out of it, let me take his picture!
Even though Rich doesn't drink coffee, we did go into the original Starbucks (Near Pike Place Market) and take a sight seeing break with a nice, refreshing, cafinated beverage! :0)
Isn't he cute!?

No comments:

Post a Comment